decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Love It When This Happens...

Days like today are the reason why I don't like to put things on my to-do list in ink any more. I really don't even remember what I had planned for today because when I woke up, there was a hint of spring - or maybe autumn - in the air! And suddenly I knew that it was finally time to catch up on the spring chores that had somehow never gotten done this year. After all, we DID have all of our usual spring stuff with 3 graduations added - not to mention an early onset of our summer rain patterns. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. In any case, I decided it was time to be able to see out of the windows once again.

I will admit to taking a bit of a short cut because I did have another fun project waiting in the wings.


I love it when my windows sparkle! I did the front windows the "right" way...

...and then used this on the windows on the side of the house. They are the guest bedrooms and for some reason, it doesn't bother me if they are not perfectly crystal clear - at least this time. Since I still have all of the outside windows of the sun room as well as all of the windows on the inside to go, I gave myself a bit of a break And of course with me, one thing always leads to another and I also ended up scrubbing the front door, shutters and garage door. It is no wonder that everyone seems to be suffering with allergies these days. When I saw the amount of pollen just cascading off of every surface, I was truly overwhelmed. Now that everything is clean,. I can't wait for "open window weather"!

And speaking of the project in the wings...and you know how much I love projects...




And if it involves grand children, all the better. Presley Paige is about to celebrate her 5th birthday with a Frozen themed party and I just can't help myself. I just have to "help". I love this kind of thing! Jennie and I are wearing out Pinterest and I am having the best time hunting for treasures to hide in large blocks of ice, supplies for Frozen sparkly slime, Pin the Nose on Olaf - which I was going to make but caved when I actually found one at the party store because it can serve as decor as well - and things for their favor bags. I am all about the "embellishments! I just can't help myself. This is how I roll. Give me one little bit of encouragement and the next thing you know, we have a full fledged production going. It will be fun! Can't wait!! And to make it even better, some of the gang will be coming to town before the big day so I will get in lots of family time as well!

Off to make Olaf favor bags....and so much more. I will keep you posted - promise. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment