decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, August 4, 2014

Weather Warning!!!

Temperatures will be falling to freezing in our part of Florida this weekend. Yes, you read that right!! Presley Paige celebrates her 5th birthday on Saturday with a Frozen party.

Since we have begun - I say "we" because I have somehow managed to wiggle my way into the plans and preparations - getting ready for the big day, we realized just how many other little girls must have had the same idea because lots of shelves are stripped clean of anything "Frozen".But that hasn't stopped us. Ever since we first heard the rumblings of what themed party she may want, both my daughter and I have been "pinning" ideas on our Pinterest boards - and let me tell you, there is no shortage of ideas!

Since it is AUGUST in Florida, a pool party is pretty much a given so we have been having fun coming up with ideas to meld the pool with the ice. Let's just say I have gone through inordinate amounts of card stock, hot glue, Elmer's glue and GLITTER! We will definitely be sparkling!!!


We are going to freeze small favors in large blocks of ice. Guessing having to somehow break or melt the ice will cool the kids down a bit. Can't wait to see what they come up with as ways to get at the goodies!



I downloaded and printed these banners - found them on Kara's Party blog and I think she got them from strawberrymommycakes.com - . They left a little something to be desired so I backed each letter on a solid turquoise background and then glittered the letter. It still wasn't doing it for me, so I outlined them with snow glitter and dripped down some icicles and I am now happy. And boy do they sparkle!


Had the same kind of experience with the wands. They started out a bit boring but by the time I had glittered and embellished, they are looking pretty good.


The Olaf favor bags were easy - just print, cut and glue -  and somehow I have avoided embellishing them - but, we still have 5 days to go so they may be next on the list.


We also made water bottle labels and "Frozen" food signs. I was lucky enough to find just the right blue colored rock candy. Think it may help to embellish the cake. Plus, we've got yards and yards of glittery fabric and 3 large posters as well .



Here are a few of the props I have made for the photo booth. I have a few more to go. We must have Elsa's beautiful long hair and a scarf for Olaf! Photo booths are always so much fun!


We are also going to play "pin the nose on Olaf" and make glittery slime. That and swimming, eating and just plain having a blast should make for a wonderful celebration of Presley's 5th birthday.

Lots of family coming into town this week so I am not sure when I will be back but I promise to take lots of pictures at the party and share with you soon. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. I am no more a kid but I honestly had so much fun when I decided to have a mini party of this theme with my sis and cousins. I just can't imagine how kids would go crazy to have such one too! I was searching for my Frozen Birthday Party ideas to add to my collection. I am thankful to come across this post. :)
    God bless!
    -Meow

    ReplyDelete