decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, August 22, 2014

"Movin Right Along"...

On to the dining room!



Still love the wooden box that I made out of old wood I found in the yard. It looks nice filled with all sorts of things but I think I like it best in the fall when it is full of pumpkins and leaves...of course, I like about everything better in the fall!



I am still having trouble decorating these shelves. After so many years of this being a niche area and having to be filled with tall items, it is hard to make the change to short things. It always seems too busy or too symmetrical or too empty or too staged - you get the idea. I guess this area will be a work in progress for awhile. The leaves are an after thought because I really was not happy with the way it looked and I think I kind of like it better now....at least for the moment!


The pumpkin on the middle shelf is usually sitting in a moss basket. I put it away for the 4th of July and late
summer decor and now I can't seem to find it anywhere! I know I put it somewhere safe but that is as far as I can get! Again, I need to write myself more notes!!! That poor pumpkin looks so pitiful sitting there all by itself.





Here is another set of my PB mercury glass pumpkin lights. I think I have posted about several of the pumpkin bulb covers breaking when they barely tapped each other and my attempt at purchasing replacement covers. The customer service rep was very nice but the best she could do was to promise to pass my call along to a supervisor but she did say they would get back to me in 3-5 days. Imagine my surprise when, not only did they get back to me in the time promised, but that they are actually sending me a replacement set of lights - even though they know that the lights did not arrive at my house broken and that I said they broke as I was putting them into my storage container. In this day and age, I am used to speaking - after many minutes of waiting and listening to just horrible music...I think they play what they do because they hope you will dislike it so much you will hang up - but, I digress - to someone who is either rude or doesn't really even have a clue what you are talking about. I really dislike it when I know more about a company's products than the person supposedly representing that company does. Two of my daughters own an online boutique and they pride themselves on good customer service and I see why - a happy customer is a repeat customer! That is just one of the reasons that I love dealing with a good company - I love their customer service. This may be a small gesture for them, but it is huge for me. I have always loved and shopped at PB but this small gesture will just reinforce my desire to continue to do so. Pottery Barn is a class act! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment