decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, August 17, 2014

One Happy Camper!

If you follow this blog, you know that I like PROJECTS! I have a hard time getting through a day with just the every day kinds of chores. When I have a day like that, I usually find myself going two steps backward and one step forward - very rarely the other way around! I seem scattered and leave more unfinished at the end of the day than when the day started. I don't know why....I just know it is so and recognize it as it is!

So, imagine my delight when I returned home from some errands the other day and had all of this before me!


On top of the guest room bed are some of the beginnings of our autumn decor that I keep stored in this closet.


And yes, I finally bit the bullet and chose a paint for the living room. Also notice the flat, white pumpkin on top of the can of paint.


More autumn Yankee candle with an extra candle Halloween jar topper thrown in for good measure - actually, I had a $20 off coupon if I spent $45, so that extra topper is what helped me save the big bucks! As my hubby always says, the more I spend, the more I save!



Next, I picked up another hummingbird feeder and some more nectar. Since our other feeder has been attracting so many birds, we decided to bring in at least one more and I love the look of this vintage bottle. Of course, this will require some changes in the garden and that always leads to planting and weeding and.....


While at Lowes, I also picked up some wood for the Grandin Road knock-off sign. I usually buy rather inexpensive wood for these projects because I like the imperfection but I could not fine any 12" wide wood less than 1' thick and this sign is large and would have been a bit heavier than I wanted so I splurged on this stuff. Still going to be a lot less expensive than GR and I will have the fun of making it!


And while I was in HL, I happened to see these beauties. I don't really know how I will use them just yet, but use them I will. I remember looking for some unique Halloween stems last year and not finding any so I decided to grab these up while they were still in stock - and on 40% off! 

So, with all of those lovely project options open to me, which way do you think I went? If you are observant, you would have noticed that my blog banner has changed giving you a big hint. But, was there ever any doubt?! Yep, you guessed it - my house is pretty much dressed for autumn. I have a few little tweaks to make and then "summer" to pack away and I will be sharing. I swear the temperature has dropped 20 degrees already! And just smell the cider! LOL. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment