decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, May 29, 2014

What's Come Over Me???

O.K. I think I have mentioned before that I don't do a lot of cooking any more. I like to cook but I prefer to cook for special occasions. The every day kind of stuff gets to me. Part of the reason may be because my husband and I eat pretty differently. I am now a pescatarian after being a vegetarian for many, many years. My husband is doing better with enjoying more vegetables but he is not really content with a meal made up only of them.

In any case, every now and then I get a "bug". It usually happens around something fresh coming into the house and this week it is the blueberries that we recently picked. And then there is my herb garden so full of basil, dill and mint - all called for in these recipes.







I decided to make a fresh lemon blueberry pound cake. And, since I was in the kitchen doing that, I thought I would use some of the dozen ears of corn I bought the other day to try Ina Garten's Fresh Corn Salad. And, somehow that lead to me making a fresh tomato, cucumber and chick pea salad. They are all done and flavors are currently melding. I will let you know how they turned out soon. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment