decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, May 31, 2014

"What Was I Thinking?"

O.K., I admit it. I love mirrors! I am somehow drawn to them! I love them in all shapes and sizes....and, I will also admit to having way too many of them. It is almost impossible to get a good picture of any room in my house because of all of the "flash back" from so many mirrors.

So, you may ask, what was I doing ordering yet another? I am sort of addicted to Hallmark Channel's Home & Family Show. I watched the precursor of the current show many, many years ago and was so sad when it went off the air. Imagine my delight when I found out it was returning - new and updated. I actually TiVo it every day because it is on for 2 hrs. daily and much of the content is geared to things I am no longer interested in. I can sit down and zip through it to just the things I enjoy - decorating, special occasions, holidays, gardening - you get it. Some days I do find myself watching all of it because there are lots of informational segments - but, I digress!

Every week they have a segment called "Hollywood Steals" where they feature items at large discounts. I don't usually watch this part as I prefer to see and feel what I am buying and like immediate gratification - that is, carry it home from the store and use it. I don't like waiting.

But, there is a decorator on the show named Ken Wingard. I like his segments and have come to realize that I like his style. I have learned that he owns a design store in San Francisco and after going to that website, I realized I love what he sells. So, long story even longer - haha - when I saw that he was going to have some featured mirrors on this segment, I watched it and fell in love with the mirrors. I really loved all 3 presented but knew that even I didn't need 3 new mirrors so I narrowed my choice down to one. Done. Before I knew it, keys were pressed and my order was submitted.

And then, quite frankly, I kind of forgot about it because I knew delivery would be weeks away. And then, last night it happened. I had just poured my Friday night glass of wine and put my feet up to watch something on TV when I heard the familiar sound of my favorite UPS man and his truck coming up the circle. And then it hit me...my mirror was finally here!



Isn't she a beauty? I know it looks like it is aluminum but that is because it is lying flat on the bed with a whirling fan reflecting in it. It is 100% pure mirror beauty! Think of the flash back I will get from this!

But this is where she will sit for awhile because I have absolutely NO idea where she will go. I do know that I will have to take down another mirror to find room for her. And, I do know that she is too heavy for me to carry around and try to see how she looks at the same time so I have sent out an S.O.S. text to my friendly decorator and will wait to see what she thinks.

I know it really doesn't make sense to keep buying things I don't need but these things call to me and I am weak! I love mirrors and, in my decor, I love change. Hang around to see what happens. You will be the first to know, I promise! Maybe she will even spark an entire room re-do! Who knows? Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment