decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, July 8, 2016

Yay For the Weekend!

I don't know why I still get so excited for the weekends. As my girls remind me all of the time...we are retired so every day is a weekend! Somehow, it just doesn't feel that way. I guess ALL those years of working so many hours and having so many responsibilities and schedules is just hard to let go of. (I know, don't end a sentence with a preposition but in this case and time, my brain can't go anywhere else-don't judge)

In any case, I am kind of just piddling around today. My oldest and youngest daughters and grand daughters #2 and #4 on on their way to almost three weeks in Europe and I am anxiously awaiting word that they are safely on the ground again-no matter what country that may be. I am not a good traveler and hence, I project my travel anxieties on everyone else. They love every minute of it and will have a blast but I will be happy when they are safely back in the good ole' USA!

And so, I am walking in circles not concentrating on much. Wish you were here and we could go out and sit by the pool and have a nice visit. But, as plan B, let's take on the dining room today.


As I often do, when I don't have a fun, big project in front of me, I begin to think up things. Each time I look at this wall of built-ins, I just KNOW that it is a project waiting to happen...I just don't know what needs doing!!! Ideas? Suggestions? Help!?








As I was taking this picture, I heard the familiar "clunk" of my favorite cardinal banging on the screen. I am POSITIVE he wants to come in here with me. I love this bird. I hope he knows just how much enjoyment his antics bring to me! If you look VERY closely, you can see him to the left of the large feeder-which we don't fill any more because it isn't squirrel proof and those little buggers can eat a $10 bag of seed in an hour-but, I digress.


Mother Nature has given us a bit of a break right this moment and it is actually pretty comfortable outside. I think I will pour another cup of coffee and head outside with my trusty little friend. No telling what projects may begin after that! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment