decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Nobody Knows...

I am feeling great! I had one of those "nobody knows but me" kind of weekends. I got LOTS of things off of my to-do list but they are all the kinds of things that nobody but me would even recognize needed doing. You know, things like wash the A/C filters, touch up spots of chipped paint, cut up old tee shirts into rags so they don't completely fill the kitchen cupboard, bleach the fountains, fill the hummingbird feeders, and so forth and so on! I love days like this. It makes me feel so accomplished even if no one else would have a clue that my days have been full of just this kind of thing!

And then, Mother Nature completely gave her thumbs up by holding off our daily summer storms until much later at night-or not at all-and I got to end my days floating in the pool and reading in the shade. I'm not much of a summer kind of girl but these days have been pretty magical. I have a spot in my yard that none of our irrigation reaches and nothing can be done to remedy that so many, many years ago I found a tree sculpture that is also a sprinkler. Being the gardening optimist that I am, I proceeded to plant a garden in this parched area and dropped that tree right in the middle of it. During the summer, I need to put it on 3-4 times a week and it always becomes the gathering spot for all kinds of birds. They bathe in the birdbath and sit in the tree and shower. It is just amazing to float in the deep end of the pool and watch all of the activity-wish I had a picture for you.





This is the area I am talking about-just try to imagine it full of frolicking birds. It really is fun to watch-an immediate blood pressure "lower-er".

I guess I am off to find some more of those "nobody will know but me" kinds of projects...you know I love a project. Heading out to our favorite place for dinner tonight to celebrate "living through" two weeks of doctors' appointments and the safe return of our family from a long European vacation. So much craziness in the world these days that I am glad they're back...can't wait to hear all about it and see the rest of their pictures! Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment