decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Be Still My Heart!!

Normally I am still kind of groggy when I make my way to my desktop to check whatever new may be awaiting me! I am usually still nursing a cup of coffee and prepared for the normal, run-of-the-mill emails about sales I am not interested in or "vacations" I have won from contests I NEVER entered. No real reason to be bright eyed and bushy tailed just yet!

But then, once a year, I have my "Hallelujah" moment. The long awaited email from Grandin Road appears. Now I am not talking about any one of the hundreds of emails they send regularly. I am talking about THE email. The one that says the Halloween shop is almost open and, because I am such a loyal customer, I get a sneak peek.


Now, just to clarify, I AM a loyal Grandin Road Halloween customer. But, I usually go for the smaller ticket items-which, in this particular catalogue are still pretty pricey-but, I do lust after many of the bigger ticket items and they are usually the ones that I try to knock off at a fraction of the cost.



I am still totally in love with this guy! I had so much fun making him and saved a whole lot of $$$ in the process!


And you know how much I love doing my wood signs. If I had a few more rooms in this house, I would have a few more signs. There are still some on my wish list but there is no where to put them right now. But, I never give up hope...if I move that to here and this to there...well, I never say never. Where there's a will, there's a way!

In any case, my brain is now going straight down the Halloween track. I am going to do a bit more looking on Pinterest and then I will make some decisions so I can start looking for supplies-always a time consuming job here in Ocala. Even though we have all of the "big" name stores now, it still is a hunt and seek kind of game. One store may have this but not that. The other has both but the wrong size...you get the idea. It literally takes a full day to get it all together. I think that will be tomorrow. In the mean time, I will continue trying to finish up decorating-with my faithful little companion still at my side. We are still taking care of Hazel (the Golden Doodle) and Sally (the chicken) while daughter #3 and her family are out of town. Hazel is a doll but she feels the need to be right at my side through this whole process which just adds to the fun!


She is seriously right at my feet as I type! I love this dog and that face but I don't know how I ever got anything done all those years that we had ALL those dogs. Maybe I just spoil this one a bit more like I do the grand kids.

So, on we go to the kitchen. I didn't use any sunflowers in the kitchen but I did stick with the citrus colors and then the Mediterranean feel of the olive jars and urns that I love so much.








Don't know what's wrong with me (and, no family, this is not where you begin your list of answers to that question-lol) but I just love looking at the warm tones of the polished wood against those deep colors. Ahhhh! Like I have often said...it doesn't take much to make me smile!
 



So that is it for the kitchen. A few more rooms to go. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment