decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, April 29, 2016

So Many Choices

I love this time of the year. Everything in the garden is at its "showiest" best-before the Florida sun starts to take its toll in the even hotter summer months.

And, since I am trying sooo hard not to overdo anything so my back has a chance to recover, I find myself simply perusing the gardens even more than usual. I head out with a cup of morning coffee and walk around trying hard not to notice the weeds just starting to pop back up after the "back-breaking" weeding job I just finished-but, I digress.

Each morning I cut something. Today I decided on a fragrant spring bouquet in pinks and purples-and then, of course, another vase simply full of the newest gardenia blooms of the day-I can never get enough of that fragrance!!



Proof that I am trying to be good-my gated trellis in bloom on the other side of the pool. Usually a surefire way to get me over to the far side of the yard but not right now. Once I go through that gate, I will see all of the work still to be done. That will just have to wait a bit longer.


And, some perennial delphiniums that I just picked up. I have tried annual delphiniums before without much luck but this is a new variety for Florida so I am going to give it a try-but not in the ground until my back is feeling better.



We are getting ready for a little one-on-one time with grandson #2. His mom and older brother are off to Savannah for a 5th grade boy and mom trip-they tell me it is a tradition at their school but I wonder if it may not just be some moms who want a weekend in a beautiful city-lol. His younger sister has three birthday parties with an overnight so, not wanting to be left out, Hud asked for an overnight with Nana and Papa. I am keeping it pretty simple and we will see what he wants to do-should be fun. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment