And so, one of my projects today was to remedy that. First, clean sheets-a job I have come to loathe as our new mattress is soooo THICK and soooo HEAVY that even with the extra deep sheets, this is a true struggle every time! And, I did in my back once again the other day so I wasn't in the best of moods tackling this job as it was.
Once the sheets were firmly in place I moved on to the bedding. I actually have two RL spring/summer bedding sets but I keep going to this one so it may be time to make a trip to Goodwill with the other. In any case, I decided to also go back to the bed hangings. I used to use them where they are and then drape yards of extra fabric up and around the bar going across the top of the bed. I saw that once in a very chic decorator's store in Mount Dora and I loved the look for awhile but all of a sudden it just became too fussy for me and I have left the four posts bare for a number of years. I have a valance over the shades in the bay window area that is the solid green color and I just felt the other side of the room needed some too to pull it together. We'll see how long they last.
I am always amazed when I see pictures I have taken of this room as it looks totally blue-and anyone who knows me knows that blue is not a favorite color of mine. It is actually a soft seafoamy green sort of color and doesn't clash with the bedding anywhere near in real life as it does in the pix.
And do you remember me telling you not to stand still too long in the garden these days as I was on a quest to clean and clear? Well, the poor Rubbermaid storage unit that used to sit here didn't listen-neither did the Rubbermaid garden sink. Both of them are now gone. We moved the storage unit to the other side of the yard where the potting bench is. It makes more sense there even though I liked having it closer to where I am usually working more often. Since it was so close to the A/C fence and hose connection, it was a great place for leaves and mud to build up after the lawn guys would blow over there and I just got tired of constantly cleaning under it!
The sink unit had a hose storage area so now we need to go get another hose holder also. I think it will be easier to wrangle the hose if it is a bit higher. I also see that we have to replace the back post on the fence as it is really leaning. Maybe without the weight of the sink and hose it will stand a little straighter. The junk pile for Tuesday's pick-up continues to grow. Better watch out-you never know what may be next! Stay tuned.