decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Slow Going...

...but not our fault.

I headed out pretty early today to start painting the door...and, somehow, convinced my hubby that he would just LOVE to help by painting the gate. Neither one is a job I love but they were jobs that had to be done. Here is how the door is looking now:



I still need to go back and clean paint off of the windows and touch up a few areas. I know the difference is very subtle but it went from this:


to this:


And, the gate is wearing a lovely new coat as well:


And, I even managed to finish the two sun room doors-pretty good day's work if I do say so myself!


I still have all of the mulch and plants to put in but little by little, the list is dwindling. I have also been going around the yard and gathering up things that just don't need to be here any more-especially small flower pots that once held small plants. The problem with that is if you don't water every one at least once a day, the lovely small plant dies quickly...and then it really doesn't matter how cute the pot is-the plant is dead. And that is not anything lovely to look at-and so, I am simplifying a bit! As much as I love my gardens and gardening, some of the tasks have become too much of a chore and so I am getting rid of those things and moving on! Better not get in my way. Stay tuned.

Want to share the smiling face of our oldest grand daughter as she nears the completion of her first Boston Marathon...so proud of this young woman and can't wait to see where life takes her! Way to go Hannah!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment