decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Ahhhh!!

Spring has sprung and we have had a beautiful week. So pretty in fact that you want to be outside every minute. I think I have told you before how I have a very difficult time being outside and just sitting and doing nothing when there is so much that needs to be done. And so it was this week!

My brother and sister-in-law came down and helped us get some "heavy lifting" type projects done in the yard-mainly cleaning the much oak leaf laden gutters and then deciphering the instructions and actually executing the installation of a new latch on the front gate. We had such a fun visit and they truly helped us so much!

Of course, once the ball was rolling, there was much more to be done so hubby and I have been tackling many of those things as well. You know, the things that probably no one else would notice but you do every time you walk by...and, of course, the usual spring time clean up things! Tomorrow I am off to get even more plants and mulch and then I will be ready to show you our progress.


I am so happy that the grocery store continues to have bunches of beautiful tulips every week-they make me happy!


The baker's rack has lost the bunnies and gained some springtime birds.











I think I have posted before that even though the rest of the house is totally done up for spring-although I did use mostly just greens and white this year, very few pastels- the kitchen is the one area where I revert back to the vineyard feel this time of year-it just seems to be right.




Even though we fit in lots of yard work this week, we also fit in lots of fun! We started on Sunday when our two grand sons were in a triathlon at Carney Island.




The weather was picture perfect and these two did a fabulous job!

And then, we had another award assembly-it never gets old-for our three youngest grand children at Eighth Street Elementary. Another picture perfect day!





And, our week isn't over yet. On Friday we will be on our way to Gainesville for this year's Relay For Life. We are blessed to have three survivors in our family so we will be relaying in their honor and in memory of many friends we have lost to this terrible disease. I'll be back to share more soon. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment