decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, May 31, 2013

A Night of Awards and Recognition!

I am sure I have told you this before, but I have the seven cutest, sweetest and smartest grand children in the world! I KNOW that but every now and then, I rejoice when others reconfirm that idea to the rest of the world. Last night was no exception. Grand daughter #3 "graduated" from the Academy at Howard Bishop Middle School. And even though the venue was "tight" and the PA system lacking a bit, we had a wonderful evening celebrating "Morgan"!


Morgs with her medals.


Here Morgan is receiving recognition as a  recipient of the President's Award for Academic Excellence, another for her exemplary citizenship and yet another as one of only 13 in her class to receive straight "As" for all three years of middle school.


And, here she is as one of only three to receive a Perfect 6.0 FCAT Writing score in her school.





This is Morgan with her Aunt Cyndi who just happened to be her 8th grade language arts teacher this year also.






It took so long to get Morgan away from her friends for family pictures that by this time her dad had gone on to coach a volleyball game and her uncle had gone to let out his dog after a long day alone at home. But the rest of us made up for it and I think by the end of the evening she knew how proud we all were of her. She is an incredible young lady and she will soar as she heads on to the IB program at Eastside H.S. where she will be a freshman and her sister will be a senior. Can't believe how quickly they are growing up and we have enjoyed every minute we have gotten to spend with these girls-and their five cousins too! Grand children are special and we could not love them more!!




And, in and amongst all of my recent travels lately, I have started! I just had to. Hope my next post finds me much further along! We shall see. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment