decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Ahhhhhhh!

So much for "make new friends but keep the old". I tried. I really tried! But my new mantra is out with the old, in with the new.








Even though none of this is really new but it is newer than the old-well, you get the idea. Try as I might, I just couldn't embrace the old bedding. I should always follow my gut. It very seldom leads me astray. And, yesterday was no exception. The only place I ever relish change is in my home decor-I could change things up all the time if I had all the money in the world, But, my tastes do change and even though I would have liked not to go back to my old spring stand-by, I just wasn't feeling the Allison set any more. But, I will let you in on a little secret...


Look carefully in the corner of our closet and you will see the bedding set still here. You would think that after the total waste of my time yesterday, I would be putting it on the Goodwill pile as quickly as I could. But, I have a hard time with things like that. It has come back to bite me too many times. I seem to have an uncanny knack for finally letting go of something the day before I need it-even if I haven't needed it for years! I know as soon as I give this away, I will find a place where it would have worked just perfectly. Or Ralph Lauren will launch a contest and offer a million dollars to anyone who still owns this set. I JUST KNOW IT! And so, there it will stay. It is actually on hubby's side of the closet, so if I clear that shelf it will just give him more room to hoard what he wants-see the difference?

I would have shown you more of that closet that I am so proud of if the rest of it wasn't in such a state. Maybe I will get on that right away so I can post about it soon. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment