decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, May 19, 2013

It's Official....

...grand daughter #3 is now 14 years old. I had a wonderful time yesterday in Orlando at the Mall at Millenia with all three of my daughters and my grand daughter on her 14th birthday.

My daughters have a little tradition of taking each niece for a day of pampering on her 13th birthday. Morgan is a year late redeeming hers as schedules were just too conflicting last year.

Today was all about Morgan. She started her day with a pedicure.


Then, it was off to do some "power shopping". Morgs has an end of the year dance coming up and she wanted to find a dress that was different from any she would find in her home town. She had a bit of an idea what she wanted but was a good sport and was open to-and tried on-any and all suggestions.

This is actually the only "trying on" picture I have. We were having too much fun actually to stop her for photos. This is NOT the dress she got although it has one small element of her choice. I'm not giving away any secrets-although I highly doubt that any of her friends read this blog and would see her dress but just in case!









We took a break for lunch and after Morgs checked out the menus at several of our favorites, she chose Brio. We had a delicious lunch and then the restaurant gave her a celebratory chocolate and caramel parfait and we got to sing. Wish we had more photos to share-especially of the two aunts who planned the whole thing-but we really were just having too much fun to do a lot of photo taking.

After lunch, it was back to hunter mode and we finally found the winning dress! And, of course, that just begged for the perfect pair of shoes and then accessories. The ensemble she ended up with is perfect for her-a little glitz and glamor but age appropriate and hopefully comfortable enough for a fun night of dancing-although the choice of shoes may leave that "comfort" level a bit questionable but, she is 14 and I know I have suffered pain over the years for the sake of fashion so we will see. The big night is next Friday. I hope I can share the finished picture then. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment