decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Technology....

....I hate love it! Technology is of course the way I am able to have so much fun with blogs, texts and Facebook. And, when it works, it is fabulous! But, when it doesn't work...!$$#@^^%##!!!

I have been getting a little flack from my printer of late. It would do some things some times and then not. It would send a message that I wasn't hooked to a printer but then print. When I spoke to our computer guy (yes, we have to keep a "guy" on retainer because of all of the files, etc. we have going back and forth between our home offices and my husband's office away from home. We "crashed' once and CAN NOT have that happen again) he said it sounded like something was going in the printer. Simple enough fix-I thought. I made the fatal mistake of sending my husband to buy a new printer. He is always way too generous when he shops for me and somehow, he got talked into buying the Mack Daddy of printers. I swear I could launch a rocket with this thing! My gut told me to TAKE IT BACK NOW, but he was so proud of it, that I let it go.

Our guy was sick for about a week and couldn't come over to get it installed, but I managed to limp along and get done most of what I needed.

So he finally made it yesterday and let's just say that mumbling under his breath didn't sound encouraging. There were some things I would have to find a new way to do, but it looked like for the most part I would be o.k., so I let him install it. When he left, it was still running some "clean-up" programs but I was encouraged.

Fast forward to this morning when I see everyone's posts about their moms on Facebook and thought I would like to do something to honor my mom on our first year without her to celebrate Mother's Day. I hit one key and got stopped dead in my tracks 10 different ways. At this time, I can't download any new pictures, so the cute gifts I made for my girls will have to wait.

We put in a call. He offered to come over today, but even I have a heart. His wife is dealing with some serious medical issues and it is Mother's Day weekend. He will be here when he can next week. Until then, I will either be missing or thinking of things I can blog about with pictures I already have downloaded-unless that stops working too. Just don't want you to forget me.

Any way, I have a few really feeble photos to show you from my Mother's Day lunch yesterday with daughter #3. She and her family are also out of town this weekend(as are daughter #2 and her clan-hence the celebration last weekend), so we snuck in some time together when we could. She took me to one of her favorite restaurants downtown that I had never tried. It was wonderful, but you won't be able to tell from these pictures. I was so hungry that we had most everything finished before I even thought about pictures for you.



We had a huge spinach salad with fresh pears, Gorgonzola, candied pecans, crispy pancetta and blood orange vinegarette followed by a florentine flatbread and topped off with homemade key lime pie and fresh whipped cream. It was all delicious!






The restaurant is called "Pi". It has a wonderful deck area upstairs and a wood fire oven that makes the most wonderful flatbreads. We had a lovely time.





Even though I won't actually be seeing any of my girls tomorrow, I have had a chance to celebrate this week with two of them and I know they will all be calling tomorrow. Now that they are moms themselves and their children have their own complicated schedules, we make a holiday whenever we can. I will be thinking about them tomorrow as I will my own mom. This is our first Mother's Day without her and, even though I had her for 65 years, it never quite seems like enough. But oh what wonderful memories we have of her! In her honor, I just picked this bouquet from my garden. She always loved flowers and always took a walk around my yard every time she was here. She would love this!

Have a few things on my list for this week but unless lightening strikes, I won't be able to show you for a little while. Bear with me and please stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment