decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Hurray for the Red, White and Blue!

Although I am STILL not done decorating for the 4th - I seem to get slower and slower every holiday - I can begin by showing you the living room. Since it is the room you see first when you enter the house, I usually try to start there in my holiday decorating. Let me say that I have plunged into this decor without one trip to any of my favorite shops. So, a lot of what is here today is similar to last year but I do have plans to hit the stores this week if time permits, so I will show you if changes take place. Also, I haven't had time to even think about 4th of July crafts for this year but still keeping my fingers crossed on that too!



Wanted something light for this hanging scale so I just filled the bucket with 4th of July glitter streamers and added an Uncle Sam that I made a few years ago from a vintage image that I printed and mounted on foam core.


Since this PB basket reminds me of an old picnic basket, I decided to just fill it with lots of vintage 4th of July goodies. It is probably one of the first things I will be tweaking when time permits.



Can't believe how "plain" I left the sofa table this year but now that the large lamp is there, it doesn't really need a lot of other things


I seem to use this old picture holder for a lot of holidays. I can't remember where I found it but I am glad I did as it is a simple decoration when filled with downloaded holiday images-and free as well!



I think I have told you about this before-simply a tea dyed flag on which I wrote the words of the Pledge of Allegiance. I use that ceramic glove holder a lot too. I actually bought it at a garden store when they merchandised it as a "hand reaching out of a pot" for Halloween decor. I use it like that and then also to hold a love note for Valentine's Day and little signs for other holidays as well-I love the things that I can use for more than one holiday-that much less to pack away!




 I still love this banner and it is a good thing too because it took forever to make. I had seen it on the Bethany Lowe website and somehow assumed it was a large banner. Since the price was pretty large as well, I set out to copy it. Let's just say it had many, many steps but when I was done, I was pleased. Then, some time later, I happened upon the original inspiration at The Shoppe in Micanopy and realized that it was small-meant for a 4th of July feather tree. Glad I made it my way-like it so much better no matter how long it took to accomplish!












So that is the living room as it stands. I definitely have plans to add a few more 4th pillows-just need time to plan, shop and execute. Hopefully that will be soon. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment