decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, June 7, 2013

Random Thoughts

The last award ceremony of the school year and Harrison looks like he has grown so much. Once again he received straight Es, he is up to 100 AR points and he got another dog tag for running 400 laps. Here he is with his fabulous 2nd grade teacher. He loved her and she was so wonderful with him-can't ask for much more.



It is the time of year to welcome back old friends. The recent afternoon rains have made these guys very happy and they are back full force. And, it is always perfect timing because these beautiful blue blooms make lots and lots of fabulous 4th of July bouquets!




And, now that all of the award ceremonies and graduations are over, we only have one more event to look forward to...Presley's first dance recital. Can't wait to see their tribute to Dr. Seuss! June 15 can't come fast enough!



And, as I am always wont to do, I keep a watchful eye out for the first hint if autumn. Since I live in Florida, my first hint always comes by way of a retail aisle. But I don't care. I walk up and down these aisles so slowly breathing in the fabulous colors (faux leaves and pumpkins)  and scents (candles and oils) of the season and I force myself to forget that we haven't even officially entered the summer season yet. But, if autumn is peeking in, can Halloween be far behind. I am almost "giddy" just thinking of the possibility-or else-it will be a long, hot summer! We'll be back to the 4th decor soon. Stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment