decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Yes, I'm Still Here!

Just touching base to let you know I am still here. My husband's knee replacement surgery was almost two weeks ago, and yesterday we definitely made the turn. He is now able to get himself up and down from most places-low chairs without arms still remain a bit difficult so we only use them for physical therapy. He is able to lend a hand with a lot of other grooming and dressing routines as well. He is still a bit uncomfortable but we have been through this before and know it comes with the territory. On days when we don't have the visiting nurse or therapist, I am in charge and, if I do say so myself, I am getting pretty good at this stuff. It is really not my cup of tea, but you do what you must and we make a good team.

With that being said, be careful what you wish for. How many times have I said that I wish I could just be home for awhile? Now, I have no other option and as much as I love my house and its seasonal decorations, I am having a bit of cabin fever. I can't really start any new projects because I can't get out to buy supplies nor do I have that much uninterrupted time. So, I am just putting on every 4th of July light we have, lighting every candle and trying to bask in the calm and warmth before once again I am thrust back into the craziness that is life! Nothing new to share so I thought I would just show you some of the small things that are bringing a smile to my face these days.



















Sorry I don't have any new, fabulous ideas, but there is still time. I will keep looking and be back if I find anything I must share with you. Until then, I will try to remind myself to enjoy the moment! You do the same and stay tuned!





No comments:

Post a Comment