decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

So Happy to be Back!

I think in my last post I mentioned that I would be MIA for a bit. My husband had a total knee replacement on June 10. He had his first knee done about 10 years ago, so we knew what to expect but somehow, you never really quite remember ALL of it. He got out of the hospital on Friday and has continued to do very well since then. We are good patients so we are staying busy with all of the "stuff" between nurse and therapist visits.

And, as if having hubby home and it being Father's Day wasn't enough, our youngest grand daughter had her first dance recital this weekend also. Nothing quite like a little bottom decked out in a tutu to make everything right with the world.













Despite the sun in our eyes and a few other distractions, we managed to get a few pictures. We are missing my brother (who was there but had to head home before photo) and 2 sons-in-law and 2 grand daughters who were all out of state and my sister-in-law who was with her family in south Florida - like I have said, this is always a busy time for our family.

Since my husband couldn't make it to the performance (or my oldest daughter who stayed home with him so I could go), the performance came to them. After the curtain fell, we all headed home for a dance recital/Father's Day celebration. Presley was still in her costume so we were able to get her to perform one more time. She literally stole the show-now I know I would say that no matter what, but this time it is true-when they were supposed to do a pirouette or two and she just kept going and going until she was dizzy and wobbling a bit. It was totally hysterical but then she got right back into the routine-I see bright lights in her future-haha.

It really was a wonderful way to end such a stressful week. We are really so blessed to have such a wonderful family. They were here to not only care for my husband but me as well and there is no way to repay them for everything they did to take so much off of my shoulders. Each in his/her own way-right down to a hug or a smile from a little one at just the right time. We love them all so much  and wouldn't be where we are without them!

I am still pretty much home bound with hubby until next week, so my posts may be a bit sparse, but if I come up with anything, you will be the first to know. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment