decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, February 11, 2013

"I Love Trader Joes"....and Other Random Thoughts

I think I have mentioned more than once that I LOVE spring flowers. No long stemmed roses for me (although I do like the shorter stemmed variety and old fashioned garden roses). I adore tulips, daffodils, irises and hyacinths. We were in Trader Joes the other day and they had so many spring flowers! I grabbed another bouquet of red tulips and then this beautiful little bunch of hyacinths.








Normally, this time of year, I would have grabbed the pink bunch but I knew these beauties would be doing a lot of traveling around the house with me so I wanted them to look at home in every room. They have not left my side a minute while I am here. They are gorgeous and their smell is intoxicating! I can't get enough. My poor grand children were constantly having them stuck in their noses so that they too could take in that incredible scent. After awhile, I think they were questioning the sanity of their Nana, but, after all, it IS the little things that count!

In any case, I love Trader Joes. Not only can I get cheap wine, but the most fabulous array of fresh flowers and so much less expensive than Fresh Market. And, so far, I am finding that they are as fresh and lasting as long as their more expensive counterparts.





Also, I wanted to show you how my Valentine canvas turned out. Usually when I am doing crafts with the kids, I will make a sample. But this time I didn't have time nor did I want to put an idea in their heads. I wanted them to do what they wanted. And so, I simply put the largest heart on while they were here and showed them what I meant and how to dab the paint (hence the slightly darker area around the heart). Then I stopped and let them do their thing. That evening, I went back to finish mine. I kind of wish I had bought one more double pack of canvases because I like the word LOVE being on two separate boards, but I just worked with what I had. And, I simply reused the vinyl cut-outs that the kids had pulled off of theirs. Had to scramble a bit to get my word on and I wanted to get to my baking, so I didn't spend a lot of time here. I set mine on a black easel and I love it!

Spent yesterday cleaning my husband's office so it would be "spring clean" for this year's group of tax return clients and then the rest of the day baking. I actually only have 3 kinds of cookies down with 4 more to do today after I run a few errands. I don't usually make this many Valentine goodies because NOBODY in my house needs them, but because my Christmas baking was so late, I missed giving cookies to a few of my usual recipients, so I am making up for it now. I will show you a completed tray when I am done. Off for now to get the day going. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment