decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

The "Shopaholic" Is Alive and Well...

...and apparently living in my house. If you have ever read any of Sophie Kinsella's "Shopaholic" series-and can relate-you will understand today's post. When I read the very first book in this series, I laughed out loud through the whole thing. I SO recognized myself in her. I admit that I love to shop! I admit that I LOVE a good bargain. And, sadly, I will admit to all of  Becky Bloomwood's (the main character) frailties. I can especially relate to her "if one is good, two are better and might as well buy 6 just in case they ever stop making these things" mentality!! Oh how many times I have stood before a display and argued with myself about just that sort of thing-only to usually lose said argument and end up buying "extras" just in case.

So with that background you can probably better understand this picture.


I opened the barn doors this morning and pictured the two baskets I bought yesterday sitting pretty on the shelves. And then I noticed more shelf space and stuff that needs to be there that just isn't pretty and I just knew that another stop in Target would be necessary in my wanderings this morning. I also added a couple of other items to my arsenal so I think I am ready to go once I have a few uninterrupted hours. Can't wait!!! I know it will be a challenge because I don't think hubby and I can move the huge washer and dryer so I am thinking I will pretty much be stripping wallpaper and painting walls while sitting up on top of those things! It may be a challenge but I am up for it! Off for my hair appointment and then dinner at our favorite downtown restaurant as a reward for living through our last few hectic weeks! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment