Lots of patience required for this project... like watching paint-or white wash- dry!
Then, it is simply a matter of tracing a heart shape and filling it in with paint.
And waiting once again for that paint to dry!
I always love it when my Dremel comes out to play...it usually means I am getting close to the finish line and that was so in this case. All I had left was to drill some holes for the hanging wire and a few more for the wire to hold on the keys.
I think I said at the beginning of this project that I really didn't know where I was going with it but I wanted to try to reuse and repurpose some things I already had on hand. I also was O.K. with something that ended up outdoors because there is just so much room on indoor shelves or walls. I had sort of thought of dangling the key from the hanging wire on these signs but I didn't like the way that looked when I got going so...
...they sort of ended up looking like my big sign in our family room had a baby. This sign is definitely larger than I imagined when I began...don't know where I went astray, but I am O.K. with how it turned out.
For now, mine is hanging in the foyer. I like it there but I don't like that its color is so similar to the wall. Think it will be heading out to the front porch soon. I know it will pop a lot more against the brick. Stay tuned.
P.S. The more I am looking at it, the more I am wishing I had been able to find a darker wire. I will probably keep looking.