decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Gotta Love the LOVE

All of the Christmas decor is down...still not all put back in its rightful "home"...but, down none-the-less. Today is my day to get everything back in containers, on shelves, in closets, under beds, (lol) etc. Then, I am afraid, I will have to wash my car as it has been out in the driveway for more than a few days while the garage is "out of commission" and kind of scattered with pine needles, acorns, leaves, dried water drops, etc.

But all of that being said-and needing to be done-our Valentine's decor is up. We had some unexpected company yesterday and I was glad it was done. My brother and sister-in-law came down to deliver the rest of our Christmas present. This year they made all of their gifts and each family received a garden post painted with four inspirational words and then a rusty garden bird to perch on the top. We got a raven. He is really fun and I was actually thinking of mounting him on a wooden block and using him in the house as a sculptural element but now that the post is here, I want to see how he looks on it after I decide which garden will be their home. More on that in another post. Daughter #3 and her kids came by as well and the kids were so excited to see the house decorated for Valentine's Day. It made me realize that I had better get busy planning our Valentine weekend of fun at Nana and Papa's house because it will be here before we know it!

I didn't make a lot of changes in the living room this year-trying to keep my life simple and going by the axiom "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." I'm OK with it just as it is-although, I wish the day was a bit brighter so these pictures were a little clearer.



I can't believe I have another mirror in this space. It was not too long that I bought a mirror to hang here...and then not too long after that that I decided I didn't want another mirror in this room. I began to hang wreaths and that was great...as long as I had a wreath for that particular holiday or season or could make one with items I already had. But, storing wreaths is a bit of a pain and I discovered that I didn't have a Christmas wreath I wanted to hang here so I brought this mirror out and since I don't have a Valentine wreath either, rather than make another wreath, I am leaving this up yet again.


I actually love this mirror made from an old tin ceiling tile and it gives me just the right surface on which to hang my glittery banner I made a few years ago.




 

I currently have the dough bowl under the table in the living room. It is full of my vintage Valentines. I am hoping to move it to the dining room table as a centerpiece but it is still a work in progress so I am leaving it here for now.





I am in love with the chalkboard backed sequin heart that the little kids and I made last year. When the light reflects off of those sequins it is so pretty and this truly was a no-brainer project. Paint the canvas, draw a heart, fill in with sequins and you're good to go!













I am off to get a bit more of Christmas packed up while I move on to enjoy the decor of the this holiday. I have so much more to show you so I will be back. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment