decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, November 20, 2015

I Love a Project...or Two...


...or ten!! I am once again prepping for some crafts with kids...this time it is Thanksgiving and it will be only Presley. Things will be different in a few ways...usually, I am crafting with many more kids and, Thanksgiving is one of the holidays that doesn't get much crafting "love" around here. Things are usually in flux between Halloween and Christmas with so much going on that it is one holiday for which I don't obsess about finding just the perfect craft. In years past, I have had the occasional "aha" moment and had the kids make a gift for everyone gathering but usually not.

So, imagine my delight when daughter #3 asked if Presley could spend Saturday with us while they took the boys to the Florida game. That was a no-brainer and was soon followed with me running to Pinterest to find lots of ideas I have filed away for just such an occasion!

We are doing an "obligatory" handprint turkey craft as well as a few other things I have just been waiting to try. And, you can bet there will be lots of "turkeys" on the menu.


I am also doing a few projects for my brother's birthday bash. My sister-in-law chose "mustaches" as the theme so I volunteered to make cardstock mustache photo props and chocolate mustache lollipop favors. Lucky for me I finally found everything I need to do so!


And, with Thanksgiving in the VERY near future, I begin thinking of Christmas crafts. We are trying to cut back on adult giving this year so many of us are making our gifts. I have a few ideas that I am chomping at the bit to begin but can't share yet because then they wouldn't be a surprise. But, I did find something I had been looking for last year and couldn't find so I grabbed up a few and will probably head back for more if I like the result. It all starts with this Dollar Tree ornament-which was sold out everywhere last year once this idea hit Pinterest. It starts here:


And it ends up here-hopefully:





I think these are cute and will make adorable package tie-ons that can then go on the tree! I found this idea on Fox Hollow Cottage blog-site.

We are off to help Hudson celebrate his 8th birthday tonight-lots of 8 year old boys after seeing the new "Peanuts" movie and before dinner, cake and ice cream and a sleepover-good times-haha. I am sure I will have lots of photos to share next time. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment