decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Getting Our Turkey On

While Jen, hubby and their two boys headed to the Florida game, Presley came to spend the day with Nana and Papa. As I posted earlier, I don't have anywhere near as many Thanksgiving tricks up my sleeve as I do other holidays but I wanted to make sure we had some "turkey" fun while she was here.



This was such an easy and inexpensive craft. I actually had everything needed to put him together and he turned out really cute!



I used to do this with the older girls so I thought it was time to let Presley get in on the fun. She made hand print turkey pot holders as gifts for her mom, Nana and aunts for Thanksgiving.



"Turkey" sandwich with veggie feathers,


"Turkey" caramel dip with apple feathers.




This Indian corn is made like Rice Krispie treats except that you use Reeses peanut butter and chocolate cereal and mix in M & Ms and Reeses Pieces. They get molded to look like corn cobs and then we added some raffia husks. They are a bit tricky to mold at first but oh so yummy in the end.

We had a really fun day and despite a bit of a nail biter, the Gators were victorious once again, so a good day all around. Should be a fun week. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment