decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, September 30, 2013

"No Bones About It"!

So on we go to the family room where I have really switched things up. I added my new skeleton to the mantle and moved what used to be there to a new place entirely. I added some glittered branches that I bought many years ago at Illuminations (I so miss that store) down in Hyde Park. My girls tell me that the urn looks wrong but my mantle is a bit narrow for the width of the skeleton and, quite frankly, he needs the urn to help him sit up. Take note of the flickering light candelabra. My oldest daughter added two of these to her mantle last year and I fell in love with them. She bought them at Target so we searched every Target we could possibly come in contact with only to find them sold out everywhere. When we found them in the store again this year, we wasted no time in snatching up two quickly-and I am actually thinking of heading back for more! I love the glow they give off after dark!!











Still can't help myself where the pictures are concerned! I have to put out all of the pictures of Halloweens past!


Also still love my Bethany Lowe witch lantern. I found her many years ago in a decor shop in Dade City. I loved that shop. It was soooo seasonal and I could always find some sort of treasure there every time I went. Unfortunately, it is no longer in business.




We had a wonderful weekend. Got to go watch these two munchkins play soccer-so much "kid energy" out on that field. And then, we got a surprise visit from daughter #2 and grand daughter #3. And, when my daughter had to head home for a football party, our grand daughter asked if she could stay and spend the rest of the weekend with us. Guess what our answer was?



We have a fashionista soccer player. Only one out there with pink soccer socks and ribbon adornment in her hair...but, it sure does make it easy to spot her in a field if aqua!


For oh so many years, I would go to Gainesville at least once a week to pick up the girls from elementary school on early dismissal days. We would eat out, spend the day together and end up at our G.S. meeting later that evening. One of our favorite spots to go was the quaint little town of Alachua. Kind of a place where time stood still. They always decorate the whole town for the seasons but they truly shine in autumn. All of the stores have a scarecrow contest and decorate to the nth!

In any case, Morgan's favorite restaurant was The Ivy House. It was in a big old Victorian and just kind of an experience more than just a meal. Sadly, it went out of business....only to reopen recently in another old Victorian right here in Ocala. So, it was no surprise when Morgs asked if we could go. Since my hubby and I head there almost every Sunday after church, we were more than ready!



It is a good thing that Morgs doesn't live here or I might have trouble fitting through doors. We never order dessert-especially after we have already had an appetizer of fried green tomatoes with the best south western aoli I have ever tasted and then our huge entrees-but, when a grand daughter asks,.......!!


This was Morgan's chocolate explosion......It is hard to see but under that homemade vanilla bean ice cream is the most decadent, fudgy brownie and then it was covered in chocolate ganache. And, that is REAL whipped cream!


And, here is my key lime pie....and yes, once again, REAL whipped cream!

I have a few fun things on the agenda for this week. Can't wait to share. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment