decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, September 23, 2013

Just a Quick Catch-up

It is officially autumn but I have been in autumn mode for a number of weeks now. We are keeping busy with every day life while squeezing in some volleyball and babysitting and will be watching two different soccer players start their seasons very soon.

And, of course, we are into football season! This past weekend daughter #3 and her husband and two boys were of to the game and we got to have Presley with us. She is just so much fun! We started the day at the pool and then drifted in to do some necklace making. I was going through some closets that I apparently don't go through too often as I came upon several Bucket O'Beads. Now these things have been around forever-back when Hannah, Caitlin, Morgan and Liv were little and loved to make jewelry. I knew Presley would love it too but I didn't know just how much!

We literally sat for more than an hour with her just pulling out the "special" beads she wanted to use. She had a specific criteria and no amount of coaxing was going to let a bead she hadn't okayed into "the" pile. Once she had all the beads she wanted, she set to work stringing her creation. And, she was mighty proud of herself when it was done.

We then moved on to playing with Barbies. She did this in our family room as we watched the game. During halftime, we had a gourmet meal of mac and cheese (thanks Krafts), broccoli and bread and butter-with a few sweet goodies thrown in for dessert.

She is so much fun and easy peasy to watch these days. Good thing I wasn't getting paid or I would have had to offer a rebate!







Also want to show you the cute Grandparent's Day gift this gang brought us. They were all so excited coming through the door and couldn't wait for us to open our gift-and I know why! There is absolutely nothing we love better than a handmade gift and one that incorporates fingerprints-well, you can't go wrong!! We love it!!






And look how perfectly it goes with my"Eric Carle" autumn tree from Caitlin and Olivia all those many years ago! Halloween decorating has begun but I have so many appointments this week that I haven't had any full days. I am chipping away bit by bit. May be ready for a picture or two tomorrow. Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment