decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, September 9, 2013

And So It Begins!!!

I know I said I wasn't going to add a lot to my Halloween decorations this year as I really don't have one inch of undecorated space to work with. But, when I see unique "fillers", I just have to give in. Such was the case with these fabulous black taper candles that I found at Grandin Road. I bought 2 sets. Since I love candles so much and pretty much have some lit at all times, and, as I am getting older and more forgetful, the idea of "faux" burning candles is appealing to me more and more. Not to mention the fact that they can be used on shelves and other areas where a real flame might do some damage to shelf bottoms or flammables nearby.

And so, I am on the lookout these days for nice faux candles. The ones I have been purchasing can not only be set on timers, but they have real wax on the outside. I am loving them more and more each day as a dark room suddenly bursts into soft candle light without necessitating me even getting up out of my chair!





Here is Mr. Skeleton helping me show you my newest purchases. I will probably use all 4 in short, singular holders and nestle them deep in shelves throughout the house, but I'm not writing that in stone. I will see where the decorating path leads when I get there.

I also picked up lots of the obligatory BBW soaps and smellies in pumpkin and several candles when Yankee Candle had their recent buy 1/ get 1 sale. I do sort of buy my candles for their scents but I mostly buy them for their labels and colors. I got this Halloween candle and some autumn scents this visit but think I will head back and pick up some other Halloween jars even if they are only available in the medium size. If you look closely you will see that I added a candle topper with a wire spider-he looks exactly like the PB spiders I hang on my chandelier and a lot like the Bombay spiders that hang off my lampshades-which all meant I JUST HAD TO buy it!





Notice my PB pedestal and overturned fishbowl? Plans right now are for those to become a crystal ball-yet to be seen.

And, while my brain has been working, I think I have come up with an idea for my 3' skeleton guy that I am keeping just because I hate to return things so much! I think I am going to see how he looks hanging from my dining room chandelier. I think he might look cute up there. If not, I'm sure he will quickly find another comfy haunt. Stay tuned. It really is getting close to starting!



No comments:

Post a Comment