decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Really??!!!?

O.K. Did I really need one more multi-tiered stand? I actually had to move one away to make room for this one but "it talked to me".

As I think I had posted, my plans for yesterday were to stay home all day and finish up everything I needed to do to be ready for this weekend and all of the family who would be spending the night. I like to do special little things in the guest rooms that take a bit of time.

And so, that was my plan and I was sticking to it until....I got a text from daughter #3 telling me one of my favorite decorating shops was having a big sale and did I want to go with her? Well, fingers were flying on my keyboard before my brain could even process! Did I want to go? To Shannon Roth? You bet!.

And so, my day had a little break. I love this shop! I love her taste, I could buy soooo much. But, quite honestly, even on sale some of her prices are absurd! Not absurd for what you get but absurd for how I will use it. She has wonderful olive jars and cloches but they are $200 and UP!. If I were buying an item that needed to be hand painted in Tuscany and would be in my house for the next 20 years, that would be fine, But, my PB and Southern Living jars and cloches are just fine for the way I decorate-and the way my taste changes so quickly!





But, since I am the shabby, rusty gal-and since I have found so many of my other shabby, rusty pieces at this shop-I couldn't help myself when I saw this 3 tiered holder. It followed me home and I just quickly filled it with pumpkins and leaves because, after all, I WAS supposed to be getting ready for a party-and, autumn will be coming down soon any way. But, I have a hundred ideas on how to fill this for all of the seasons and holidays. Plus, it is in the family room right in front of the new shabby, rusty mirror. They were made for each other. Yep, a match made in heaven to be sure. Stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment