decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, April 18, 2013

"Official Diagnosis"

Yes, it is true! I have been officially diagnosed. My symptoms have returned: rapid heart beat, rise in blood pressure, blurry vision, lack of concentration, hyperactivity...the list goes on and on.

I have received this diagnosis every year for the last many years. My "illness" usually goes into remission about mid-November when I finally must pack things up but usually doesn't rear its ugly head again until the beginning of summer-or when I (or daughter #1) spy the first of the orange and black-and more recently added purple and green-poking their lovely heads out of the shelves of any retail outlet I am in!

Yes, it is true-"Pre-Halloweenitis" has returned to my body!!! I am totally in its grip! I feel helpless. But, when things are the bleakest, I decide to go with the flow. I examine why this curse has returned to me so early this year. And then, I think I have it!

In the last few days, I have received notice that several people have "followed" my Halloween board on Pinterest. Usually when I get this notice, I hop over to their boards to see if we have anything in common and if I might want to "follow" them in return. In doing so, I was accosted by images I can't get out of my head.


I could SO do this adornment around the Grandin Road Halloween mirror I bought a few years ago. I love the mirror as is, but wouldn't this take it over the top? And isn't that what Halloween is all about?
 

This would make a great gift-I think even daughter #3 might hang this in her home!


On the fence with this one. It could have possibilities.


I definitely see more pillow covers in my future!


And what about one more way to use up all of that Halloween gauzy fabric I pick up whenever I see it at the dollar stores? And trust me, these are but a few of the new ideas I have added to my Pinterest boards.


So much to do!!! So little time!!! But wait, I just remembered that my husband is scheduled for knee replacement surgery in June. We have been through this before with his other knee so I know that for awhile we won't be venturing very far from home. So, if I get my act together, I can have all the supplies I need on hand and spend the month happily crafting when not serving as his nurse. Just think of the possibilities! I can get all of my new decorations and Halloween gifts made before the first hint of an autumn breeze even wafts this way. I can feel it now. My breathing is returning to normal...blood pressure going down...a cure is in sight! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I was admiring all your new Halloween pins. Might have to pin a few of those myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beware Kristin! This "disease" is extremely contagious!!!

    ReplyDelete