decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Almost Done!

Since my spring decor-at least that worth showing you-was kept at a minimum this year, we are almost done with the tour. Today we head into the family room.



Once again I kept the mantle kind of "gardeny". I used the old, rusty garden finials and gate-all found in shops in Mt. Dora or Dade City and the two urns with moss spheres stolen borrowed from another vignette. I still love my "Bird Girl" statue even though she has taken a pretty bad beating from the many times she has fallen when actually out in the garden-good thing I am a sucker for "rustic" as they say.



This is a close-up of the one of the sconces on either side of my fireplace. I bought them at Bombay Co. (which has been out of business for many years), so you know they have been there awhile. I still sort of like them but I am getting tired of the amber color that they are. I saw some pretty rust and clear glass sconces that I fell in love with the last time I was at Tres Chic. If I could just remember the order in which I put Venetian stucco on my fireplace-so I could determine what kind of repair job I might have to do-I would head right down there to get them...still might. What do you think?






Make note of this cloche. You will see it in another post soon.


One quick stop in the sunroom and then this view is calling...


Today is the first beautiful day we have had in awhile-spring has returned and I am anxious to get outside and see how wonderful everything looks after a few days of earth soaking rain. Of course, after only one day of no rain (in Florida), everything in a pot or any of my fountains will probably already be calling for some water. Guess I need to get busy. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment