decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, August 24, 2015

Wafting Scents of Pumpkin!

O.K. So once my house is decorated for autumn, it IS autumn-no matter what the calendar says. And so must follow the scent, sight and TASTE of all things pumpkin! I awoke this morning, turned on all of the autumn lights, lit all of the pumpkin scented candles and headed to the kitchen where I knew before the day was over, I would be baking something "pumpkin". Since the cupboards were relatively "bare", I went with an old stand-by, baked pumpkin donut holes, since they are pretty much made up of staples that are always on hand. And, as luck would have it, I had a can of pumpkin left from last year. Don't know what's in that stuff but the "use by" date assured me I had until June 2016, so use it I did!



These things are pure pumpkin yumminess-pumpkin batter baked in mini-muffin tins, rolled in melted butter and then rolled in cinnamon sugar...I'm just saying! I did make a three bean quinoa salad to eat for lunch so I didn't feel quite so guilty eating these for dessert! I also invited daughter #3 and kids to run by on the way home from school today so I could send some home with them and not feel the need to consume them all myself before they get "stale"-as if any baked good was ever around long enough to get stale in this house.

Super, super busy day tomorrow but I hope to be back with more autumn on Wednesday. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment