decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, August 15, 2015

The Gift That Keeps on Giving!

We are in the dog days of summer. I am not quite ready to put out autumn decor because I like to still have my sunflowers out for our back-to-school get-together and that won't be until next week...but, I will admit that I am getting a bit bored with nothing new happening so I am searching for anything to bring to the plate.



As I was vacuuming this morning-like I said, really scrapping the barrel to stay busy-haha-I saw that I still had several of my French flower pots empty and a bouquet of bush roses that had seen better days. And so, it was a no-brainer. I simply snipped off the dried rose heads, dropped on some rose oil and voila, a breath of fresh air was added to the living room-literally.




I love that there are ways that my flowers can keep on giving. When I do put out the autumn decor, I might put these roses into a clear canister in the bathroom and then eventually they will find their way into some bath salts. I will just pull off the dried petals and mix them into some Epsom salts, add a few drops of the scented oil and sometimes even a drop or two of coloring. I love to pour this into a bath. It is a bit of a pain to have to pull the petals out of the drained tub but so worth the feel of the luxurious bath that I really don't mind.




Guess I have procrastinated long enough...back to the vacuum. Stay tuned to see what other scintillating ideas I come up with between now and when life truly begins for me-AUTUMN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment