decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, August 23, 2015

"Ahhh-tumn" is FINALLY Here....

...at least in our house!

I am so excited and breathing so much easier now that the scent of pumpkin is once again in our house and autumn leaves, acorns and pumpkins are at every turn! I love autumn...and everything that comes with it! I know it is just a tad early to be decorating for the season since it doesn't officially arrive for another month. But, since it takes me so long to get our Halloween up that I usually start that about the third week of September, we would have no time to enjoy autumn decor if I strictly adhered to the calendar. Since it is such hard work, I like to enjoy it as long as I can. If I were queen, I would move the autumn holidays and season further apart so we could enjoy them all a little longer-lol.  So let the tour begin. I changed around a few things and left others alone.


I am going to be on the look-out for more copper mercury glass. I find I just can't get enough of it. Right now, these are the only two pieces I have and I have been using them ever since I bought them.






I still love the old sugar mold that I have filled with candles-just wish I had more places I could actually use it. The two old jugs I have had for so many years...got them back when I was all about "country" and they are but a few of the things I found back then that have still survived "the cut".




I put my papier mache' pumpkin on this candle holder this year-not sure it will stay there but I am giving it a shot.






I actually think I might be over the velvet pumpkins also. They were quite the rage a few years ago and I enjoyed making them, but probably going to be saying good-bye to them after this year.











So that is the living room as it stands for this year-changes may be in store but we shall see. Don't know if you noticed, but I brought back in our original rug. The colors are just too perfect not to be in here. If course, that means no rug in the family room but I will cross that bridge when I get to it! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment