decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, April 19, 2020

You Have Been Chopped

You have been chopped...that is my subtle way of telling you we are on to the kitchen today. My kitchen has become a bit like the" Chopped" kitchen and I am loving it! Every time my daughter goes to a grocery store, she picks me up a few bags of things she knows I like. Sometimes I tell her if I am in particular need of something, but usually I just go with the flow...and depending on what might be available that day, I figure out somehow to put the ingredients together for a yummy meal! She brought a treasure trove yesterday and just now my son-in-law ran by to drop me off another batch of his "world famous" - at least in my eyes - lima beans and rice. He cooks these things up with caramelized onions, carrots, rutabagas, sausage and all sorts of other delicious things. Even though a bean dish sounds very humble, these things have the best flavor I think I have ever put in my mouth! Now I sound like a judge on Chopped but, "they are a party in my mouth"!!

In any case, I will not be going hungry any time soon so on to the kitchen.




The pot in the middle was a gift from my youngest daughter and has flowers made with my grand children's thumb prints as centers. I love it.  The herb crocks were found treasures from Home Goods just last year.



The little bird and the metal bird feeder are both things that I found in a garden shop down in Maitland many years ago. I miss that little shop!









Wow, not a lot to say about the kitchen. I kept it simple...just added some of the garden elements and a few colors of the season. Again, I would love to be out and about to see what new spring treasures I could find but, since I can't, I am happy with just moving things around and seeing where they land. This could look totally different tomorrow. Lol Stay safe and stay tuned.

I have to admit that as much fun as I am having going through piles of old photos, cards, albums, etc., I am missing my crafting. And so, this is happening as we speak! Any guesses?


How about now? Spoiler alert will be coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment