decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, April 9, 2020

Having to Pace Myself!

Wow!! With the new method of painting the wood beads going so much faster than I was expecting, I am really having to slow my roll or I would have these garlands done by the end of the day...and then what would I craft?

I painted these beads yesterday and put them together this morning.


Instead of going with "springy" colors - which look more "Eastery" to me - I chose to go with the chalk finished soft neutrals...and I am so happy that I did. I love the way that this garland goes with these books and I will probably display these together when my spring decorating begins.


I went very traditional with the 4th of July...red, white and blue all the way. I wish I had a slightly darker blue but had to go with what I have on hand.



Here is what I came up with for my late summer decor. Just looking at this makes my heart beat faster. I always start to wish my life away as we get into the throes of summer in Florida but for oh so many more reasons this year!!



 I am getting ready to move on to autumn and Halloween...and then all there will be is Thanksgiving and Christmas! Yikes! Hopefully something will come to me before I get to that point. I gave a lot of my craft supplies to my grand daughter to help her fill her days so pickings are getting slim around here. Lol Stay safe and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment