decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, April 4, 2020

Not Winning Any Prizes!

I told you I would let you know how the rabbit project worked out. Let's just say it isn't my favorite project ever but, it kept me busy for the afternoon so I guess that made it a winner!

I had seen a similar idea that used three different floral papers but, when I went looking for some paper, I found that I really didn't have what I wanted. Since there will be no HL runs any time soon, I decided to just go with it. I ended up just using two different papers decoupaged onto a rabbit shape that I cut out of a piece of foam core I had sitting around.



I didn't want the white edges of the foam showing so I used the antique wax on the sides and a bit of the top in case I cut the paper too short. I actually thought about sanding the edges to distress a bit and definitely would have if this was on wood but I wasn't too sure how the foam board would react to the sanding...and I didn't want to find out. Lol


These are the two papers I went with and still not a fan but I was too far along to turn back.


I had hoped to embellish her with flowers and lace but, alas, none were to be found so I used the flat flower petals from scrapbooking, a piece of braid I had and a bow left over from an Easter egg project probably ten years ago. I also didn't like the stark white of the face paper against the already grunged paper of the body and ears so I swiped a bit of antique wax on there as well. She's OK but honestly might not make the cut when I take down Easter and pack it away. Lol



I'm heading back out into the yard today to cut some unruly bushes and jasmine vines. If time permits, I might get my autumn book stack done as well. But, I do have to admit, the deck and a book might be calling me as well. We shall see. Stay safe and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment