decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

A Breath of Fresh Air!!

We finally got a bit of rain last night. It was a pretty good storm while it was here, but it wasn't here anywhere near long enough! Never-the-less, it did give some much needed relief and hopefully washed away some of the pollen. Right now it is 58 degrees outside and I am dying to get out and start tackling the leaves except that now that the leaves are wet, they're so much more difficult to gather...so, I am thinking tomorrow.

With that in mind, I decided to move on to my next book stack - no surprise there! Lol

When I take down Easter in a few weeks, I will put up spring - and that stack is done. After that, I move on to 4th of July - and, ditto on those books. So that will then bring me to my summer decor. Since I am just not the world's biggest fan of "yellow" or all things summer (sea shells, beach balls, coral, etc. ), I usually decorate with sunflowers. I can not only convince myself that the "sun" part says summer but it is just the slightest hint of the colors of autumn to come...and that makes me so happy!!

I decided to paint these books "sunflower" yellow but, since I didn't have any chalk paint anywhere near that color, I had to get inventive. I used my pumpkin chalk paint and mixed it with bright yellow acrylic paint and white chalk paint. I am assuming I will be using some form of faux sunflower as embellishment so I grabbed a few that were handy just to help me visualize it when the time comes.



I'm not sure I'm liking the brown ribbon. I used it because it matches the center of the flower but, depending on how this ends up being used, I might just switch to twine...we shall see.



I seriously can't wait to see the day this beauty goes into my decor. I know I am wishing my life away but I think we may all be doing a bit of that these days. I hate that when this is over, my second favorite season will probably be as well - at least with Florida temperatures - but, I will be happy that it is over...even if it means we will plow head first into summer. And, if you haven't already guessed...my least favorite season of the year. Although, I will try hard to embrace every day that we are well from here on out. Stay safe and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment