decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, April 3, 2020

Another One Down!

Since this is going to be the eighth stamped book stack that I have made and pretty much documented for all of you, I figure by now you have the steps down as well as I! And so, I won't bore you with details...I will just show you what I came up with for Valentine's Day.


So, today is Friday. I spent most of yesterday out in the yard. I have filled up every trash can (6) that I own so, until the yard men come by and pick all of that up, there is no more room for raked leaves, branches, etc. That gives me "permission" to just do as I like for the next few days.

The rain definitely brought the pollen down a bit but I was coughing before too long again out there yesterday so I think if I am going to be outside today, the most energy I will exert is to sit in the chaise with a book and watch the birds and butterflies flitting about. It really is beautiful on my pool deck in late afternoon. By then the shade is canopying the deck, the pool filter has gone off so I can hear the fountains babbling and the birds and butterflies really do put on quite a show. And, we are being blessed with the most beautiful weather we could ever ask for. Think I will take lots of it in before the temperatures decide to climb again!

Thought I would give you a quick glimpse into the sunroom. This room is so hard to photograph because it is long and narrow...not to mention that the huge armoire is still sitting out in the middle of the room at one end waiting for daughter #2 and her hubby to be able to get here and pick it up once this madness is over.





I'm missing having these pictures in the family room. Since I don't ever use this TV, I find myself not looking at the pictures as often as I used to. I'm also a bit nervous about thr sun coming in on these pictures every morning. When all of this is over and we can think about the "little" stuff again, I might have to come up with a better solution...but, we all know it will NEVER involve moving the massive piece that is now in the family room. I LOVE it still but it has definitely brought some new challenges.

And so, that is it for the sunroom. If I was being completely honest, I would show you what the table has looked like for the last few weeks. It is completely covered as that is where I prefer to do my crafting. That entire wall of windows has bird feeders hanging outside so I have lots of company while I craft. It's also nice to look at some of the gardens. The Gerber daisies like our cooler weather so they are in abundance and the day lilies have started blooming as well - such a peaceful spot in these anything but peaceful times.


And, as I have said before, desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm not done with my book stacks but thought I might enjoy trying something else today for a change. This is another one of those things I would probably never do but, with prime craft supplies running a bit "iffy", I thought I would give it a go. Most of the hoards of supplies that I do still have around are left from my obsessive scrapbooking days - so, lots of paper, embellishments, tags, stickers, etc. Most of the premium supllies that I enjoy are ones I buy for specific projects and, unless I buy too many, they are used up for their intended purpose. I will never again diminish the value of a HL or Michaels shopping trip!

In any case, here is what is waiting for me. Can you tell what I am doing? I will be back to share soon - IF it turns out anywhere near what I am thinking. Stay safe and stay tuned.








No comments:

Post a Comment