decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Even After I Promised Myself!!

O.K. Remember when I bought the new piece for the foyer and took down the mirror that used to hang over the old piece...like this?


The new piece is higher and even though I love this mirror, I decided that it no longer looked nice here. It has now found a new home in daughter #2's office.

I also made myself a promise that I would not go out to buy another mirror nor would I continue to buy or make more wreaths since they are such a hassle to store. Well, you know what they say about promises being made to be broken.

Of late, this space has been filled in by the 4th of July wreath that I made.


If you also remember, when I made this wreath I promised to make it temporary so I could just pull out the fixings and make the next themed wreath that was needed...that way, no new wreaths to store. And, that is exactly what I did....EXCEPT, now that it is done, I love it just the way it is and I really don't want to take it apart.

So, I had a talk with myself. I thought about each holiday and season that will be represented here and I think I may have everything covered except my late summer decor. I do have a wreath that has sunflowers but I have added glittery autumn leaves and pumpkins to it so it is perfect for September and November but not good for summer.


I know you know where this is going so I promise will try to stop here! I promise?




While I was out and about yesterday, I used a 40% off coupon at Michaels and took advantage of their big summer sale to get these things for hardly any $$$ so it really will be an inexpensive project.






Those two items along with some of this (which I already own), and I am hoping to have something that looks somewhat like this in a flash:


This sunflower wreath definitely says "summer" to me.



And I know you are asking "what in the world is the box of cork letters for!?"  Well....


I became enthralled with these picture holders on the Tim Holtz site. They are made with his products. The letters are reproductions of old letterpress letters. I love these for the 4th of July but my thoughts really went to Halloween. I want to try to make some but, since every "Halloween" word I could think of had doubles of at least one letter, I knew I needed more than one set and if I wanted to make gifts I would need many more...and, at $15 a set, the cost was pretty prohibitive. So when I saw these, I immediately thought I could cut some 1X2s into little pieces, stain them, glue on the letters and start my project-doesn't everyone? I bought one set to give it a try. I know it won't have the same vintage letter affect, but it should serve the purpose. I will let you know Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment