decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, July 10, 2015

Missing the Twinkle

There are not many times in the years that I don't have some form of holiday lights strung up on my mantle and over mirrors and hutches throughout the house. In fact, this late summer decor and spring may be the only two times in the year that the house is "dark". Every time I walk into a room, I feel as if something is just quite not right...and then I realize I am missing the lights. I have seriously considered just getting some white garden lights to hang but so far I have resisted. After all, it will only be a short while and my beautiful mercury glass pumpkin lights will reappear and I will be good. So keeping in mind that the family room just doesn't "twinkle" as it usually does, come see what I have done so far.



I love that I can use all of my "citrus" colored urns during this season...I DO love my olive jars and urns. There is just something about their earthiness that speaks to me! My hubby asked me where they were all going to go as he helped me carry them into the house...guess I showed him! They are EVERYWHERE!!






The family room is very, very simple mostly predominated by citrus colors (no actual fruit) and sunflowers. Definitely a change for me but in this really sweltering time of the year, cleaner seems cooler...at least that is what I am trying to tell myself!!

And, check one off of the to-do list.



I am so glad I am a "shabby chic" kind of girl...so easy to paint and distress! You really CAN'T do anything wrong...and yes, after seeing these pictures I have already gone out to straighten that middle knob-I hate it when that happens-haha.

So that is my simple little post for today. Our weather has been really nice for the last day or two so I am getting in lots of pool time while I can but I will be back to my decorating and unfinished projects soon-stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment