decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

So Many Projects, So Little Time

I have posted before about how much I like to have projects waiting for me. I am not a fan of the mundane cooking, cleaning, gardening, etc. But, when I have a project that fits into one of those areas, I am a happy camper!

And so, today, at this moment, I am rather giddy....I have the projects! Now if I just had the time to complete them!


I bought my piece of 1X2 and had time to cut it into 2" pieces....and that is where it stands.


Got half of this desk painted, bought more paint and got the rest of the first coat on...and that is where it stands.



While I was in Lowes getting the wood, I did think ahead and grab three new knobs. The colonial ones just don't do it for me any more.


FINALLY found some crystal hearts that I can use to replace the one that fell off of one of my favorite Valentine earrings last February. I have been looking ever since. These aren't quite the same size, but if I replace both, it will be O.K.-figure I can use the larger one for a pendant. It is a rather odd story about how this loss happened. Hubby and I were in Lowes when I actually felt the heart drop off of the hoop of the earring. Then, I heard it hit the floor. I stopped immediately to get it, but it was NO WHERE to be found. We hunted in and under everything for over 30 minutes. It truly just vanished. I suppose someone walking by at the time may have unknowingly kicked it somewhere far, far away...but, in any case, I actually still look every time I am in that section of Lowes but so far, no luck...so, this should solve the problem. I bought the headpins that I need and this is where this project stands. Not to mention the Valentine bracelet that needs to be re-strung.

So you see, no lack of projects around here...just a lack of time in which to get them done. I will keep trying.


And then there is this beauty! I saw it in HL the other day and loved it right away. It is actually very well made and a whole lot easier than trying to do a real chalkboard in frame of one of my favorite graces. And so, with trusty 40%off coupon in hand, I snagged one. Well, in all honesty, I wasn't having to fight any one of for it...in fact, I might be the only person in HL buying a Thanksgiving sign in July but, I sure left with a smile on face like I had won a big old lottery. Now if I can just find a place to store it until I need it four months from now!!! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment