decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, April 28, 2014

Paybacks...

This is the time of year that I feel as if my hard work in my yard is truly paying me back. The weather in Florida does allow so many things to grow and stay green all year long, but the summer heat can be a bit brutal and if you are not watering constantly - which we are not because of restrictions - things can get a bit droopy and dry before your eyes.

But, spring sees all of my perennials coming back to life and blooming like crazy. I love to garden, but I have a very large yard - almost a full acre and much of that yard is set up as structured garden areas. That is all my doing so I take full blame. Like I said, I love to garden. I love to spend full days out there and "get my hands dirty". I love to wear myself out. And, this is the time of the year that I can truly then sit back and enjoy the fruits of my labors. Of course, I have to do it quickly because those darn weeds are back before I blink but, never-the-less, here is what my yard is giving me today..















The first of soooo many gardenias ready to bloom.


Sweet smelling jasmine.


 




Yummy lavender

There are lots of other buds ready to pop. If you came to visit tomorrow, the show would be different. Think I will definitely make some time today to sit outside a bit and "smell the roses" - that is, if no more of those pesky weeds appear. If they do, you can probably find me on my knees but that will be O.K. also. Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment