decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Finishing Up

So many things going on this time of year and 3 more days of NYC to show you, but let's see a bit more of Easter before it actually is here! On to the kitchen....



I just realized that this blog helps me a lot with my decorating "tweaking". I have walked by this metal pitcher ever since I put it here and just looked at it with my "new eyes". Even though it looks fine with the white tulips, I think I will like it better with some color so I will be off tomorrow to find some hopefully real, Easter color tulips but if not, some nice silks. Think it will "read" better to me then.









I love this vignette more and more each year. No matter how hard I try to mix things up so I don't bore my faithful readers, there is simply no where else this little felted bunny that my cousin made me can go. He looks JUST like the bunnies on this vase and they make the perfect pair in my eyes!





Although I do still miss using this baker's rack as another display area for photos, I agree with my daughter that it is better suited for its intended purpose - which I guess is to hold kitchen baking and serving items to make them more accessible for easy use. Although I am not sticking very strictly with that use, I am enjoying having my holiday and seasonal dishes out for easy grabbing. I do find that I am using them much more now that I don't have to dig through the huge storage cabinets just to pull out a dish or two. And remember, I am the queen of holiday and seasonal dishes - even though I really don't cook or entertain anywhere near as much as I used to. I just love pretty dishes and have several sets for each occasion!








So that gets us through the kitchen. Pretty simple but it still reads as Easter to me. Just a few rooms to go. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment