decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, February 6, 2014

You Gotta Have Heart!

So every year I try to make my Valentine's Day cards. Back in the day - when, for some reason I had WAY more hours in the day than I seem to have now - I made really quite detailed cards. I would use several techniques and they would take a very long time. Now that the older kids just get money in their cards, I realized that they probably don't really even care what the card looks like. And, after all, it is the thought that counts. So these days I find myself heading to Pinterest to find a simple, easy to make card that still looks nice. Here is the winner this year.


When I saw the inspiration for this card on Pinterest (from splitcoaststampers.com), it was pretty much a no-brainer because I knew I already had everything to make it in my over-flowing craft supply. The clincher was when I spied the twine as I had just picked up two cards full of red butcher's twine in the dollar section of Michaels. Didn't have a clue what I would do with it but I knew it would come in handy sooner or later with all of the "red" crafting that I do.

I happened to have some pre-made white cards and envelopes. I just cut some black, red, and white card stock in graduating sizes, cut a heart out of a piece of red glitter paper, wrapped it with the twine and stamped the sentiment. I really took the easy way out as I ran each piece through my xyron sticker maker so I didn't even have to deal with any other adhesives.

It was super simple but I like the way they turned out and hopefully they will get in the mail tomorrow! Much fun coming this weekend. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment