decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

It's Not Easy Being Green...

In my case, it is! I love green and I love St. Patrick's Day. So....on to the family room:



Seems as if no matter how hard I try, my mantle looks pretty much the same every year. My "little Irish guy" has to be here because he reminds me so much of how Harrison looked in the costume I made him to represent Ireland in his pre-school's international festival. I was just starting to make what we thought his costume should look like when I found this in The Shoppe in Micanopy. It made me feel like we were on the right track - and he looked just like this until his friends convinced him to pull down the green hair that my daughter had pushed up inside his hat so that it would fit a little better. I laugh every time I look at this picture. You can tell by his face how proud he is of himself!











I also still love my Irish subway art. I made this many years ago when subway art was a new thing and you really had to make it. I bought a canvas and stamped on the letters. It wasn't too long after that you could download them all over the Internet and simply print and frame. I have some of those too but I still think the extra work was worth it because this one is my favorite still.




Now that I don't have my baker's rack and hutch for all of my picture displays, I am glad I can still stick a few favorite photos in my tin tile mirror!


 As I look at this window, I have decided that it is definitely time to look for some "Irish" green candles - not liking the chartreuse ones here at all. I am heading out tomorrow and it looks like new candles in several colors will be at the top of my list. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment