decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Wish You Were Here!


Having the MOST wonderful weekend. Sometimes it feels really nice to just forget about all of the "to-do" lists and go with the flow. And, that is pretty much what you should always do when you have the pleasure of spending the weekend with the world's cutest almost 2 year old.

Presley is with us for a few days and even though I have so much waiting to be done, I can't help but spend all of my time with her. Even find my husband hanging around a lot longer when she is here. She is incredible! We find ourselves laughing so much! She has a wicked sense of humor and maybe a bit of an "old soul". She knows just what to do to get us! I love it when all of the kids are here, but it is a joy to have them one on one and really get to know their personalities and have the privilege of time well spent. I don't have the slightest regret about not crossing anything off of that to-do list. I know it will be waiting for me when I do get there but these precious moments may not! They grow up MUCH TOO SOON and I don't want any regrets when they do!!!

Presley reminds us so much of her mommy when she was little. We see a lot of the same mannerisms. It kind of takes us back to when we were younger and raising our own girls....until we try to hop up off the floor and realize that there has been much water under the bridge since we could do that effortlessly and we now know why God doesn't give babies to people in their 60s...but thank goodness he is so generous with grand children!

1 comment:

  1. That photo is totally adorable! It would be nice just to have little one. Looking forward to seeing you on Friday, if that's ok!

    ReplyDelete