decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, July 15, 2011

Done for Now!


Well, it took two days, but the 4th of July decorations are down and packed away and the house looks the "lonliest" it ever looks. There really aren't any seasonal or holiday things to use right now. I know a lot of people use shells for summer decorating, but having grown up in south Florida, I am not much of a shell gal.

I do use a lot of "hot" colors - red, orange and yellow .This is the time I also bring out the sun flowers ( they look like little suns), artificial citrus fruit and my Tuscan themed things. The color palette ends up being the hot colors and green and I can live with it although I will be trying to squeeze in some leaves and acorns before you know it.

The above flower arrangement is kind of my inspiration for feel and color. I moved it this year and somehow that one little thing led to many changes. I have been re-working things for 2 days. Still don't have it exactly right but I am doing it by just "shopping" the house, so we'll see how it ends up. I would have taken some pictures but it is dreary and rainy today so that will wait until tomorrow and you can see if you like it.

We will be babysitting Presley the next few days as the Hollands load up from Lakeland and move to Ocala - can't wait. Maybe she will sneak into a picture or two. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment